Bruised Rose Petal Gradient

A England's Burne-Jones Dream Collection sets the stage for bruised rose petal gradient nails!

Liz says…

Hello, Darlings! For today’s post I pulled out two polishes that I’ve actually swatched before. From the A England Burne-Jones Dream collection I decided to use Briar Rose and Sleeping Palace.

IMG_5841

Together, in a subtle gradient, these polishes help to capture the beauty of a rose once its petals have been bruised and begin to darken. When I was younger I would participate in tons of performances – dance recitals, school plays, jazz ensembles, etc. If there was an event that warranted bouquets of flowers from doting parents, I was there with bells on!

IMG_5836

After my performances I would take those bouquets and dry my favorite flowers. My favorite part of the process was when you could see the fresh beauty of each petal merging with a darker, dryer fate. Now it sounds incredibly morbid, but at the time I thought it was cool how the colors would change gradually at first and then suddenly all at once.

IMG_5840

Annnnywho, let’s pretend that I wasn’t a weird kid and focus instead on this manicure! Once again I find myself incredibly impressed with the A England polish formula – it applies beautifully and blends really well when used in a bruised rose petal gradient. I love how the holographic formula adds depth without lighting up like  a rainbow disco ball (don’t get me wrong, I love rainbow disco ball manicures… but there is a time and a place!).

IMG_5839

Long story short, I’m a fan – what about you? :-D

16 comments for “Bruised Rose Petal Gradient

1. February 4, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I think you did a terrific job on the gradient, Liz. aEngland puts out such stunning colors, but IMHO, you elevated the joy with this gradient. And yes, it does smack of bruised rose petals. Definitely.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Thank you so much! :-D Sometimes my inspirations are a little off the wall, so I’m glad that this manicure captured the bruised rose petal motif I was going for. <3

2. February 4, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Bruised rose petals is perfect and so is this mani. Gorgeous.

3. February 4, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Very cool. I wish I could do this.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Hi Aleya! I used to think the exact same thing, but it turns out that gradients aren’t that bad – IMHO it’s all in the sponge… what I’m trying to say is that I think you should totally try it! :-D

4. February 4, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Gorgeous – I envy your polish application skills! :)

• February 5, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Thanks, Sheila! I might be blushing now… :-D

5. February 4, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I keep saying this every time I see a post featuring A England but I have been wanting to try those forever!

• February 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Oh, Laura, I SOOOOO recommend this brand. I have not been disappointed by my A England collection yet – smooth formula, great colors, POLISH NAMES BASED OFF OF MYTHS, LEGENDS, WORKS OF LITERATURE, ETC!!!! I might be a little in love with the naming conventions… but don’t let that distract from the polishes themselves. Sigh. I wish we could share polishes through the computer in a very literal way – like, you could put your hand through the screen and I could do your nails with all my favorite A Englands, and it would be SO HAPPY. Sigh.

6. February 4, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Wow, beats me how you get the gradient effect so seamlessly. You always see the line between the two colours when I give it a go.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Thanks, Renu! What kind of sponge do you use when you try doing gradients? I’m not an expert at all, but I’ve found that it’s easier for me to do a well blended gradient by using a fine textured sponge (like a makeup sponge rather than a dish or bath sponge) and polishes with some depth – be it shimmer or a scattered holo like these A Englands.

7. February 4, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Swoon-able, Darling!!!!

8. February 4, 2014 at 11:12 pm

When I saw the A England bottles I knew I was in for a treat. That brand is amazing. But what you’ve done is really more amazing. What a beautiful job. I’m totally in love with this manicure.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Thank you so much, Marcia! :-D One day we need to have an epic nail party, just sayin’ – Break out the A Englands and go CRAZY!