Love Lifts Us Up: A Valentine’s Day Manicure!

Liz says… Hello Darlings, and Happy Valentine’s Day to you! Regardless of your relationship status, gender, or age it feels like Valentine’s Day is a big deal. Personally, I’m not a huge fan… I don’t need a corporate holiday to make me realize how much I adore my fiance (it’s a lot!), and I have grown to resent the expectations that can often weigh heavy around this time of year.

IMG_5861

Despite how bitter I sound above, the one thing that I do appreciate about Valentine’s Day is the celebration of love. I LOVE love! To celebrate love through lacquer, I was inspired by the great 1982 love song “Up Where We Belong.”

IMG_5869

Love lifts us up where we belong – where the eagles cry, on a mountain high! Borrowing imagery from the lyrics, I turned to one of my MoYou stamping plates (Suki # 8 to be specific) to help place silver clouds and flocks of pink birds (which I’d like to think are fab eagles hanging out crying) across my nails.

IMG_5858

Eventually I’m going to review my MoYou stamping plates, which are actually a birthday present from my AWESOME co-blogger/mother that I deviously opened early. I have never had such an easy stamping experience… but that review is for another post! Against a milk chocolate base of OPI’s Chocolate Moose I used Color Club Holo Hue shades Harp On It and Miss Bliss. Holographic polishes certainly up the romance factor, right? What do you think of my Valentine’s Day manicure? Have you been swept away by the smooth vocal stylings of Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes?

8 comments for “Love Lifts Us Up: A Valentine’s Day Manicure!

1. February 14, 2014 at 12:32 am

Your nails are always on point! I strive to have pretty nails like you one day! I need to learn all of your secrets!

• February 14, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Laura, you are super sweet – thank you! I’d be more than happy to exchange nail tips for eye makeup tips… I’m totally clueless!!

2. February 14, 2014 at 12:39 am

There’s actually a holo you can stamp with! I’m amazed, I can only get sheer stamping with holos. Beautiful, I especially love the accent nail. I just picked up Chocolate Moose and can’t wait to play with it! Happy Valentine’s Day :)

• February 14, 2014 at 12:58 pm

RENU! Happy Valentine’s Day to you too, darlin’! What holos have you tried stamping with before? I’ve only started dipping my toes into the world of nail polish stamping but I’ve had REALLY great results with the Color Club Holo Hues collections. :-D
      On another note…. I am so excited for you to play with Chocolate Moose – it’s literally one of my favorite OPI polishes/neutrals.

3. February 14, 2014 at 11:27 am

This is such a beautiful mani!! I especially love the birds!

• February 14, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Yay! Thanks Amber, I’m really glad you like this mani! This is literally the first time that I have been able to acheive an all-over stamping effect, so this has a special place in my heart. :-D

4. February 14, 2014 at 10:01 pm